Friday, June 20, 2008

For All You Star Wars Fans...


Parker has recently fallen in love with Star Wars. We purchased Episode IV (the original old-school Star Wars film) about two weeks ago and he has watched it about a dozen times since. Yesterday afternoon I heard the boys fighting upstairs but instead of stomping it out right away I decided to wait a minute and see if they'd work it out on their own. After about thirty seconds or so I heard a thump, a crash, and Cole wailing. I went up to investigate and walked in just in time to see Cole sitting up on his bed screaming and Parker across the room, arm outstretched toward his brother, and in the manliest voice he could muster saying, "I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING." I tried to be the tough dad, but couldn't help but laugh at my oldest son's most recent "Parkerism." I guess I'm a sucker for a good Darth Vader impersonation.


2 comments:

Beth said...

Ah, yes. The discovery of Star Wars is quite the milestone in a young man's life. It definitely beats a lot of the other things he could be picking up.

lufchild said...

If you are going to teach him quote from movies, make sure he gets the 'classics'...

I'm sure if you still have any of the letters from the mission, they will contain the course 'text'.