Sunday, July 6, 2008

SLOW DOWN!!

Emma is rolling over already! Is that normal for 2 month olds? Seriously, I want feedback. Why is she growing up so fast?? With the other 2 I was so excited for all of these little milestones, but I am not too thrilled this time around. Anyways, she doesn't like her stomach so every time we put her there, she gets a little fussy, then rolls over. Oh, and don't pay attention to my obnoxious voice on the video. In fact, I recommend muting it. I am trying to get her attention and it seems like people will do whatever it takes to get babies to look at them or smile...myself included.

11 comments:

The Ward Family Tree and All of It's Branches! said...

Go Emma! Sorry Ang. But she is adorable.

Mark and Jennifer said...

She is a real cutie! Remembering back to my infant/child developmental classes, infants usually start rolling over from tummy to back around 3 or 4 months, but some start as early as 2. Rolling over from back to tummy usually happens around 5 months. Children who are more stocky in their build will be later, because they need to develop stronger muscles. There are a lot of variables also related to personality, motivation, and whether or not they are working on other skills first, i.e. making more complex sounds for communication.

You probably weren't expecting a whole lesson on this, huh?

AMY MICHELLE said...

Wow, I don't think we can compete with you... we are still excited that Evan it smiling. That is really impressive! I wonder what you can expect in the future?

Rebecca said...

i hate listening to myself on video camera! i wish i could just remember to be quiet! ;) she is so adorable! i can't believe how big she is already!

Jaime said...

That is just crazy! They do grow up fast, but I didn't think that fast. She is adorable.

trout said...

That is nuts!! Annie can't even fully lift up her huge noggin'. Little Emma is going to be doing circles around my little stationary butterball (and Emma is THREE WEEKS younger....crazy!)
SO CUTE!!!

Drostan and Jennifer said...

What a little doll! My last one rolled both ways (within a couple of days of each other) at 3 months. You've got an advanced child there, or a determined one. :-)

And by the way, if you tell us to mute it, that makes us want to listen to it all the more! :-) hehehe

Jennifer said...

She's so cute! Congratulations!

Micah and Jen said...

What? You have a blog now??? I just thought you were on MySpace! I am sooo excited! Do you have access to my private blog? Let me know if you don't so I can invite you. Anyhow, I am way super excited to have found your blog (Marlo) so i can keep in touch better than through MySpace....which I NEVER use anymore! ;)

Micah and Jen said...

Nope...I'm just Jen on here. Anyhow, I need your email address that you use for this thing....email me at jen_0817@yahoo.com and I will invite you to my private blog...it's where all my life is really....the other one is just my photo blog. So much more fun than Myspace....I totally agree....we are way too old for myspace! :)

Melissa said...

Dear Angie,

It's Melissa (Blakely) Sanders! How are you doing? I found your blog through a link that my sister Mary Ann had to Hailey's blog. It is soooo good to see how your family is doing. Your kids are absolutely beautiful. Sam and Christi Brewer are here with me tonight and say hello!!!

Here is our blog:
robertandmelissasanders.blogspot.com

Love,
Melissa