Monday, August 10, 2009

June 7: GRADUATION DAY!

The day finally came! It was a 9 year road to get to this point and I have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that we are done with school. It is all we have ever done. Brett becoming a dentist was always the goal from the beginning and it is what we have always been working toward. When I look back it seems like it went by in a flash and it took forever all at the same time. As many of you know, when we got married, Brett didn't have any college credits yet and I still had two years left before I could get my degree. I finished a year after Parker was born and after 2 more kids, Brett finally finished. It has been a long road, but I wouldn't have done anything differently. I have LOVED him going to THE Ohio State University and we will be BUCKEYES forever. It was almost sad to be finishing because it is the end of an era and we will be leaving some really great friends behind. This day was surreal, to say the least.

If I could do it over again, I would not have taken the kids. Luckily my mom watched them in the hall but they were like restless little monkeys the whole time. When it was over, they literally became monkeys and had a contest on who could hang there the longest.
Having fun with dad's hat. I don't know if it is called a hat or something else...anyone know?

I love the middle picture! SUCH A GREAT DAY!!!

My parents got to come up for graduation and it was so great to have them there! My dad took us out to dinner at the Buckeye Hall of Fame after the ceremony. I would like to thank my parents, Brett's parents and anyone else out there who helped make this all possible. We couldn't have done it without all of the help and support!!!

6 comments:

flemings said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What a relief, eh? I still can't imagine what it'll be like yet to have a job and be done with school. You just enjoy each moment while you can!

Reed said...

congrats, brotha! Awesome job, and I'm lovin the tie ;)

Terra Bingham said...

Oh, I bet it just feeling wonderful. In December I will be doing the graduation dance too. Isn't it amazing that our husbands can balance school, family, church calling, and stress of life. (some times not the best, but they try) I look forward to that day where a big chunk of there life and time is free to have more family time. Where are you off to now?

Jill said...

That's so crazy, I feel like I was somewhat on that journey with you.

But in more of a "I wish that was us" sort of way.

Hyrum starts nursing school in two weeks. I have a 1 1/2 year countdown to at least normalcy.

Glad you're back in your home state.

Keep in touch

AMY MICHELLE said...

YAY!!!!

It was great talking to you the other day! Glad things are going good! I love your hair in the graduation pics. I get mine cut thursday and I am going shorter and darker:)

Anonymous said...

you must be feeling relieved after that...congrats
Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step