Saturday, August 8, 2009

May 30: Garage Sales and Rock Band

On the last weekend of May we had a garage sale with some of our great friends (the Unger's and the Wildes). We got rid of a whole lot of stuff and made about $500.00. Not bad, huh? Although, I will say that garage sales are a ton of work and we earned ever penny!


Emma loved the purse that Brooke was selling so I had to keep it because she was so cute. Brooke is my good friend who was selling stuff with me and watched the kids so I could sit out there and sell. I think she got the short end of that deal. Oh, and yes, that is a Caboodle that we used for a cash register. You know you had one.

Later that day we cleaned everything up and Brooke and left all 6 kids with the dads while we went to Goodwill to take the rest of the stuff that didn't sell. We came home to a living room covered in Cocoa Krispies, the babies stuffing their faces with the stuff and the dads playing Rock Band completely unaware of the mess that was all around them. I think they just got a box of cereal and threw it into the middle of the kids hoping they would get left alone long enough to get through a few songs. By the way, those are 3 dentists rocking out to Beastie Boys. Everytime I see Blake singing this it makes me laugh.

Annie's face in this picture is so funny. She looks like she got caught red-handed.

8 comments:

Valerie said...

Awesome :)

AMY MICHELLE said...

So you survived living at the in-laws (as nice as they are to let you stay) I am sure it is feeling great to get settled again. I look forward to seeing your new stomping grounds.

How nice to make 500 bucks and get rid of a bunch of stuff! Glad you posted some old photo's from here. And once again glad I got to see you before you left.

Unknown said...

hooray! you're back!... and no, it doesn't make me feel better to know that you haven't been keeping up on my blog. haha.. kidding.

so glad to hear things are starting to return to some kind of normal for you guys. can't wait to hear more!

it was great seeing you last July. Your kids are so cute!

Rebecca said...

oh man! that last comment was from me, of course! whoops!... although i'm sure jason enjoyed seeing you at the reunion too! ;)

The Ward Family Tree and All of It's Branches! said...

Really funny Becca!!! I was wondering who the heck is "Jason". Bout ready to call Angie to see if she has a boyfriend....Ha!!
Angie, love the caboodle!!! I had to look close to see if it was the one you got for christmas years ago....although deep down I knew that there is no way you kept it that long. Right?! Emma is so cute with her purse.

Anonymous said...

its awesome...i loved your pictures too...
they were great
Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

Brooke said...

I LOVE this post!! I need that video of Blake and the pic of Emma and Annie. Too funny!!

The Ward Family Tree and All of It's Branches! said...

Grandma Lee says, " ha ha ha that's how boys usually babysit".