Monday, September 15, 2008

Grandma Sunday (on Monday)

I had the best of intentions to post my grandma blog yesterday, but we had an enormous windstorm (leftovers from the hurricane) and everyone's power is out. We have it back now, but most people are going on 2-3 days without power and may have more days left of this. We are VERY lucky to have our lives back and not be camping in our house anymore.

The storm was CRAZY and did some serious damage. Our cul-de-sac got hit pretty hard. We drove around on Sunday night because we were bored and we also wanted to see all of the damage. I tooks some pics along the way. Here are some of them...



The boys watched Star Wars and we listened to the radio during the drive. The video is of them singing the theme song while they watched. They are so funny :)

8 comments:

Kortney Manning said...

What a storm! So I am still hoping you are coming to the desert for Christmas, right? I can't wait to see you. So the other day I found one of the "girl's weekend" CD's that you made for us. It was the Gangsta' one and I put it in while I was driving. Reese fell in love!!! She was dancing like crazy with her serious dancin' face on :) It was a crack up. Now every time we get in the van...it's "24K" for us!! It made me think of that weekend and what a fun time we had! Miss those days....

Mark and Jennifer said...

That uprooted tree is impressive! That must have been one heck of a storm! I do remember hearing it was heading your direction! Glad everything is back to normal.

Jaime said...

So glad you all are okay. That tree is crazy. I can't believe how enormous it is!

Robins Fam said...

Wow, sounds like a pretty nasty storm. Glad you guys are okay and alive and kickin. I love that your boys love Star Wars and that they sing along with the movie. How cool is that!!!

Robins Fam said...

by the way...I tagged you. check out my blog.

kelly said...

yikes!
that tree is wild!
grady LOVES all things star wars!

The Mendenhall's said...

Wow, what a storm. I have to admit I kind of enjoy a little storm now and then. Nothing to serious though. No more than 2 days without power, no one hurt or no major damage is my kind of storm. Too bad I don't get to make requests. I love the video of the boys. My boys love the star wars theme song as well. It is so cute to hear them sing it. They also like the Indian Jones theme song. Tommy stores it on his IPOD, it is way cute!!

Kari said...

hey what email address do you use for blogger so i can invite you?