I was on Myspace tonight looking around and was on my little sister Leslie's page and found this picture that she scanned in. It just made me smile because it seems like so long ago, but at the same time like it was just yesterday. I was 18 here, graduating high school, getting ready to go off to Ricks, probably dating Brett and my parents were most likely very ready for me to move out of the house:) We all look so young and I am sure I do too, but strangely, I feel the same inside. I have to remind myself that I am almost 30, have been married for 7.5 years, have graduated from college and am the mother of 3 kids. Even though I live my life everyday, when I step back and look at it on paper, it sounds like the life of someone much older than I feel. So I ask you all, "Will I always feel 18"?
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Yes, yes you will always feel like you're 18 (and I'm sure we'll always look like that also, right?). Of course we have already had many discussions on this very subject and so I will say no more.
I love the nineties matching denim outfits! I'm so glad you started a blog. Becca Brown has one too- and she just had a baby when I did! crazy huh? Only Alli missed the secret mind communtication message. Send me an email alyssabarlow@gmail.com and I have a very special surprise for you and I'll give you becca's blog address. I just haven't had time to add it to mine yet.
Toodaloo!
Alyssa
That pic made me smile. It's funny because I remember you guys taking that picture...definitely brings back memories of when we were young and had curfews :). Leslie is so tiny! I guess we all have grown up.
i remember that picture!
and yes, i do still feel 18.
so weird to be a grown up...
Great picture! Andrew & I were just talking about this very subject last night. HOw funny! It is weird to be considered an adult.
I wish I had the body I did when I was 18, now then I'd feel even better.
Post a Comment