Thursday, August 21, 2008

Visiting Dad in Mansfield, OH

I tried to put these pictures at the bottom of this post, but it isn't working and I don't feel like figuring it out because it is past midnight. So, here is Emma. I know I really have no perspective because I am her mom, but she is just so cute!



Brett had to work at a clinic in Mansfield, OH over the last 2 weeks with his friend in the class, Jeremy. He would leave on Monday really early and come home Thursday night. The kids REALLY missed him so I got together with Jeremy's wife and we decided to drive the hour and a half to get there and meet our husbands for dinner and to swim in the pool at the hotel. It was really fun even though Mansfield is basically just a freeway exit and that is about it. I liked having help with the boys for a night and it was awesome to see my estranged husband:-)

In these pictures you will see that Cole is basically fearless and the more scary something is, the more fun it is. He looks like he is sky diving. Maybe this is foreshadowing. I would like to see him hit his limit of scary someday, but I have still not seen it. He is so coordinated that he can really do anything that he wants to do without hurting himself too much, especially for his age. For instance, we were done swimming and were drying everyone off to go back to the room and get dressed. I took Coles life vest off ( just a few months ago he couldn't even swim even with that thing on) and I was getting Emma dried off and I hear a big splash. He had jumped into the deep end without his vest and I panicked and yelled, "Wait, he can't sw.... oh, I guess he can..." He was swimming across the pool with no problems.









10 comments:

Kari said...

Those pictures are great! I can't believe Cole jumped in and could swim! Think of all the money you've just saved on swim lessons :)

Cute blog background by the way! I love it!

The Ward Family Tree and All of It's Branches! said...

Dang it!! I just miss them so much! Oh and you and Brett too. :o)

Jaime said...

I can't believe he is such a dare devil. Wow! that is unbelievable that he jumped in the deep end. I'm glad you made the trip up to visit Brett, he must have loved that, as I'm sure you did too.

Scott said...

cute pics! jamison once jumped in the pool when we were in spokane. he sunk like a rock and i jumped in with my suit on. he was 3. i'm still not over it.

Micah and Jen said...

What fun! And those jumping pictures are awesome....and yes, Emma is just too dang cute! :) Glad you got to meet up with your hubby again....it's so hard when they are away on business/school stuff!

Mark and Jennifer said...

Aaaaah so sweet! Your boys have so much energy and it is fun to see Brett catching them and throwing them around. Just what boys need!! Emma looks a lot like you and she is beautiful. Will be fun to see if she stays girlie or if the brothers will turn her into a tomboy. She'll probably be both!

Robins Fam said...

Hey, remember me? I'm calling you tonight, be ready. Sorry about that, I am terrible. I love your pics and miss you guys so much. It has been way too long. Little Emma is getting so big. Sounds like Cole always keeps you on your toes. Our boy seems to be the same way. Talk to you soon.

Mark and Jennifer said...

Somehow, I hadn't notice the absolutely darling pictures of your kids on the side! Their little personalities sure shine and the one of the 3 of them together is precious!

Rebecca said...

your boys look like such a hoot! those are fun pictures!.... and, well, you already know emma is beautiful!

i also love that pre summer olympic games you guys did with the kids. what a fun idea... i was thinking i should steal it for next time, but then i realized that my kids will be teenagers, or close to it, by next the next summer olympics and they may not really be into it! WEIRD THOUGHT!

The Mendenhall's said...

Ok Emma is adorable. I think she looks a lot like you too. I wish you guys lived closer I think our two boys would get a long so well. Especially Tommy and Parker. They are so much alike. Any chance you guys will end up in Seattle again someday?